The new firehouse construction was completed in July of 2016 and the Fire Department wasted no time moving in.
The Firehouse that was razed in 2014 and rebuilt was constructed in 1953. At that time it was the municipal building for the Westhampton Beach Village. It housed the Fire Department, Police Department and Village Offices. The firehouse had a few additions and renovations in the past.
The building was humbly dedicated and recognized as the George D Raynor memorial building on May 30, 1970. George Raynor was a Village Trustee, Fireman and dedicated citizen who died in the line of duty battling a fire in the village.